When A Proxy Approver Approves a Purchasing Document, the Document Action History Does Not Show Proxy Approval Activity
(Doc ID 2794169.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 16, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using Proxy approver feature, the action history is not recording the actual approver with proxy
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps for both Requisitions and Purchase Orders
1. Enable Proxy Approver for an alternative approver
a. Login to application with the User
b. Go to Settings -> Manage Proxy >Add Proxy
c. Grant Responsibility Access -> Select the respsonbility
d. Grant Worklist Access -> Select the notification
e. Save the changes
2. Login to Purchasing Respsonbility
3. Submit Purchase Order or Requisition for approval for that approver with Proxy Approver enabled
4. The Proxy approver logs in and uses the Switch User so they are now acting as Proxy Approver
5. The Proxy Approver Opens the notification worklist (for the original approver)
6. Click the appropriate approval response option (approve, reject, forward, etc)
At this point the original approver shows as if they have taken the action and there is not any record of the Proxy approver
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document