DFF Value is Overwritten While Updating UOM Through EGO Spreadsheet Java Concurrent Program
(Doc ID 2795581.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.2.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue when trying to Change the Primary Unit of Measure
When changing the primary unit of Measure from Item definition form, the request - EGO Spreadsheet Java Concurrent Program get submitted.
The program EGO Spreadsheet Java Concurrent Program is completing normal and updating the UOM but a Descriptive flexfield (DFF) value is getting updated incorrectly.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set the profile option EGO: Internal User Default Role for Items to Design Engineer
2. Create a new item on inventory item definition form with Unit of Measure EACH.
3. Update the Unit of Measure to FOOT and save. This in turn submits program 'EGO Spreadsheet Java Concurrent Program'.
4. The concurrent request completes Normal.
5. Requery the item. Getting error: ID No for the flexfield segment XXX does not exist in the value set Yes_No
6. Open the DFF and verify. The field is blank.
With reference to Flexfield Guide, Development recommends not to use value set using ID column in the DFF.
Section: “Using hidden ID columns with value sets” in Flexfield guide (part# E22963-12).
Content: "Generally, you use value sets with hidden ID columns only for report parameters. You would not normally use them for most key flexfields. In fact, most key flexfields prevent you from using a value set with a hidden ID column by not displaying those value sets in the list of values you use to assign a value set to a segment."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document