Credit Memo Created From A RMA Is For Whole Amount (including the discount) Of The Invoice
(Doc ID 279729.1)
Last updated on MARCH 14, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 11.5.8 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 11.5.8 to 11.5.10]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This note is consolidated into Note 1110573.1, Troubleshooting Credit Memos in Receivables
1. Customer orders goods worth $100 with payment terms of 5/1, Net 2
2. Invoice for amount $100 with No tax is created in AR through Autoinvoice
3. Customer pays within a day and takes the 5% discount, i.e. pays $95
4. Customer returns all goods, RMA is issued from OM for
the original order, $100.
5. Autoinvoice runs in AR and a credit memo for $100 is created..
The RMA/Credit Memo is created for the whole amount as that of invoice(i.e., $100)
not taking the discount($5)into account , and the net result is the
customer is given more credit than what they actually paid.
Also, if Tax is involved, it credits tax after discount amount.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!