Manual Reversals of SubLedger Journals that Entered GL from SubLedger Accounting Do Not Have GL_SL_LINK_ID Populated
(Doc ID 2799853.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2021
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Some modules such as Receivables and Payables do not support reversal of their entries within General Ledger as that can cause balance issues. However some modules, for example, Treasury, do allow for this. When it is done, should users expect to see the GL_SL_LINK_ID populated for the reversal lines so that the rows can tie to the subledger data in SubLedger Accounting (XLA)?
Steps to reproduce:
Sign into General Ledger with a responsibility that allows posting and reversing of Journals, such as General Ledger Superuser.
Menu path: Journals -- Enter
- Navigate to the Enter Journal Window (Navigation Path: Journal / Enter)
- Query the batch and journal within the batch that you want to reverse.
- Choose Review Journal.
- Choose More Actions or More Details.
- Choose Reverse Journal.
- Select Reversal Period. If average balances are enabled, you must also select the Reversal Effective Date.
- Choose OK, then select a reversal method for your journal. General Ledger will display your concurrent request ID.
- Post the reversing journal batch.
For more information on the process of reversing a journal, reference How To Reverse a General Ledger Journal Batch? (Doc ID 177924.1)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document