Processing Termination Quote Raises Error “ORA-06502: PL/SQL: Numeric Or Value Error"
(Doc ID 2801508.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 25, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.7 version, Asset Management
When attempting to process a termination quote on a contract, quote is stuck in Accepted status and the termination transactions have errored with the message below:
Step: Validate Contract
Program Error: An unexpected error was encountered. Error code - -6502 Error message - ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error Action: Contract your system administrator.
Contract validation failed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using Lease Super User responsibility, create a Termination Quote with purchase (Back Dated) for a contract in Evergreen.
2. Approve/Accept the quote.
3. Cancel the quote.
4. Process billing to ensure the Credit is applied to the purchase invoice.
5. Create a new quote.
6. Update the Purchase Price and Billed not paid receivables.
7. Approve/Accept the quote.
8. Run Billing to generate purchase invoice.
9. Create a receipt and apply it to the purchase invoice.
10. Process terminate expired contracts, it will error. Look at the termination transactions and you will see the above error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document