Ship Confirming Partial Quantity For Line With Multiple Split Delivery Details Does Not Transfer Reservations To New Line Creating Orphan Reservations
(Doc ID 2802475.1)
Last updated on JUNE 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find orphan reservations are created when ship confirming partial quantity for an order line with multiple split delivery details.
Line 1 for ordered quantity 12.
Line 1 is split in batches of 2 where multiple lines are transacted (i.e. few move orders are transacted to FG and remaining move order are not yet transacted so partial quantity is still in inventory/JOB.)
When ship confirming partial quantity of ordered quantity of 12 the application is creating an orphan reservation.
Expect Orphan reservation should not be created or left but transferred to the newly created order line after delivery detail has been progressed through interface trip stop.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Customer shows Sales Order and Ordered Item, Packer will split the lines based on the qty to be packed per pallet
2. Transact the move orders
3. Attempt to ship the only 1 line xxxxx - LPN-yyyyy
4. Check reservations 'before' (Line 1.1 reservation)
5. Ship Confirm one line
6. See that first line in the reservation remains with line number 1.1 post shipping
7. SO line 1.1. is closed
8. Standard Identification SQL returns 1 Orphan reservation for i2471362.sql
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document