Getting Error: The Assignment Is Not Eligible For The Element When Requesting Expense From Self Services ICD Page
(Doc ID 2802532.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 05, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Benefits - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : EBS R12.2.9 version, Individual Compensation Distribution
When attempting to create element entry using ICD Self Services form
the following error occurs.
APP-PAY-51271: The assignment is not eligible for the element.
You may not grant the element &ELEMENT_NAME to assignment number &ASSIGNMENT_NUMBER on &SESSION_DATE. The assignment is not eligible for the element on that date.
Eligibility is determined by the element link. In order to be eligible, the link criteria must be met by the assignment at all times during the life of an element entry.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an ICD setup as per Doc ID 1488022.1
2. Create 2 element links based on different payroll id's for the ICD element
3. Assign new payroll id to an employee assignment as of future date (e.g.
4. Login as affected employee, using ICD function created in step 1, select
Award new compensation button
5. Select the compensation type, populate value for percentage, select
Effective From : 01-SEP-YYYY (a date in the future)
6. Click on Apply and above error occurs even the element link is valid
user changed the assignment payroll_id with effective_start_date in the future
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document