Accounting for Addition Event has Depreciation Amount Doubled for a Group Asset with "Calculate Member Asset Amount" as tracking method
(Doc ID 2805495.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 09, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Double amount accounted for accumulated depreciation .
When group asset has "Calculate Member Asset Amount" as tracking method, and a member asset is added , accounting for Addition has depreciation
Depreciation amount should not be doubled when the group asset is adjusted by adding a member asset in it's component.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. From Fixed Assets responsibility;
2. Create a Group asset with "Calculate Member Asset Amount" as tracking method;
3. Adjust Group Asset by adding a member asset in its component;
4. Run Depreciation request;
5. Go to Asset workbench -> Inquiry - Financial information-> query the asset ->Find -> Books
5. Observe that accounting for child asset addition has depreciation amount doubled.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document