RA_INTERFACE_LINES_ALL Field “Comments” Is Truncated to 240 Characters with Error FRM-40831
(Doc ID 2810502.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 02, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For table ra_interface_lines_all , after performing any change in an interface line, the field “Comments” length is truncated to 240 characters.
FRM-40831: Truncation occurred: value too long for field COMMENTS.
Navigation: Control > Autoinvoice > Interface Lines >
- Create an order or find an existing line not interfaced to AR where comments is greater than 240 character
- Go to Interface Lines (Navigation: Control > Autoinvoice > Interface Lines)
- Query interface line
- Step on any field right of “Errors exist”, top menu Folder > Show Field “Comments”
- Perform any change in the line i.e. modify Batch Source
- Truncation occurs: Error: FRM-40831: Truncation occurred: value too long for field COMMENTS.
- Run query on database, no change on COMMENTS length still 945 characters
- Exit interface line without saving changes
- Re-query interface line and same error is displayed:
- Click on save. No changes are saved
- Re-query line, change batch source and save
- Re-query database. Comments length is now truncated to 240 characters
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|1. Bug Summary|
|2. Fixed Files|
|3. Recommended Patches|
|4. Solution Steps|
|Still Have Questions?|