GST: Tax category is not defaulting from Purchase Order (PO) to the Advance Shipment Notice (ASN) receipt
(Doc ID 2811129.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Financials for India - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The tax category defaulted on Advance Shipment Notice (ASN) receipt is different from the purchase order.
The tax category defaulted on Advance Shipment Notice (ASN) receipt should be same as of the purchase order.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a purchase order with defaulted GST taxes (ex:Tax_category_5%).
2. Update/change the defaulted tax category (ex:Tax_category_2%).
3. Go into the responsibility: India Local iSupplier.
3. Navigate to Shipments > Shipment Notices > Create Advance Shipment Notice.
a. Select the purchase order from the list.
b. Click on “Add to Shipment Notice” and go to shipment headers.
d. Provide shipment number, shipment date and expected receipt date.
e. Click on shipment lines and provide quantity to be shipped and click on submit.
4. Go into the responsibility: India Local Purchasing.
5. Execute 'Receiving Transaction Processor' program to import ASN data to receiving tables.
6. Create the receipt using shipment number provided while creating ASN.
7. Navigate to Tools > India Tax Details > observe Tax_category_5% is got defaulted in place of Tax_category_2%.
Note: The 'Copy Tax From Source' is checked at the Common Configuration setup.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document