Terminating a subline of a contract created from OM behaves incorrectly
(Doc ID 2812235.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that Terminating a Subline of a Service Contract created from a Sales Order (Full Billing from Service Contracts) is not deleting the future Billing Schedule lines or updating the Terminated > Unbilled amount.
This seems to happen only for contracts created from OM.
Expect that Terminating a Subline will delete the Billing Schedule lines for the period after the Termination.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create Sales Order with 3 Service Lines all for the same Service but with different products.
2. The effectivity of all 3 lines is 01-JUL-2021 to 30-JUN-2022.
3. Book the order.
4. Run the Service Contracts Order Processing program.
5. This created an Extended Warranty contract.
5. Run the Service Contracts Main Billing program on the contract up to today.
6. Run the AutoInvoice program for the contact up to today.
7. Run the Service Contracts Fetch Receivables Info for Billing program.
8. The contract has been billed and invoiced up through 30-SEP-2021.
9. Terminate Subline 1.2 effective 1-OCT-2021.
10. Checked the Billing Schedule at the Subline level. All 12 Billing Schedule lines were still present where user had expected to only see 3.
11. Checked the Billing Schedule at the Line level. The Billing Amount was the same for all 12 Billing Schedule lines.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document