Error: Invalid value for the column Fee Line, when Rebooking a Contract to Remove a Fee Line
(Doc ID 2817671.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to Rebook a contract in order to remove/zero out an expense fee, the following issues are observed:
1. If the IDC amount is set to 0 (not blank), pricing errors out with the following: Error: Invalid value for the column Fee Line. But if you make the IDC Null (blank) then pricing completes fine.
2. After performing the revision and making the fee amount 0, there exist a current stream for that fee for the amount matching the other fee that was not touched during revision. Expectation is that no current stream should exist for the fee that was zeroed out.
3. The accrual adjustment accounting transaction that is generated to reverse the accrual for that one fee is not accurate. Expectation is for the accrual adjustment to be for the whole accrual amount since the revision was done with contract start date.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using Lease super user responsibility, author a lease or a loan contract with one asset and multiple expense fees.
2. Book the contract.
3. Accrue the contract
4. Perform a rebook to remove/zero out one expense fee.
5. Use contract start date as the revision date.
6. Navigate to additional charges and update that expense fee.
7. Make the amount zero and IDC as 0 as well.
8. Start the activation process and pricing fails with the error "Invalid value for the column Fee Line".
9. Cancel the pricing
10. Navigate back to the additional charges tab and update the IDC from 0 to Null (blank) >> Apply
11. Start the activation process, this time, pricing completes and revision is abandoned.
12. Go back to pricing details and check the streams for the fee that was zeroed out and there exists a current stream for Amortized Expense.
13. Navigate to Finance >> Accounting transactions
14. Query for contract number and transaction type Accrual, the accrual adjustment amount is not correct. The whole accrual for that one fee should have been reversed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document