Oracle BI 12 Configuration Failed At Creating BI Service Instance Step
(Doc ID 2819358.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 04, 2021
Applies to:BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 12c to 12c [Release 12.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : Oracle BI Publisher 220.127.116.11.0 version
Installation of BI Publisher on VM fails during the configuration stage.
Installer shows the following error.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install Fusion Middleware 18.104.22.168.0 release.
2. Install BI Publisher 22.214.171.124.0.
3. Appy following patches as per the document id 2729787.1
Patch 28264679 STANDALONE BI PUBLISHER INSTALLATION FAIL ON 126.96.36.199
Patch 27025200: ALL SCHEDULED REPORTS REMAIN RUNNING DUE TO COUNTER FILE LOCK
Patch 27479453: NodeManager doesn't work with non-Oracle database.
4. Execute RCU tool to create schemas.
5. Execute config.cmd and the above error occurs during "Add default service instance" step.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document