Oracle Loans - Year to Date Interest is Overstated
(Doc ID 2819481.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 05, 2021
Oracle Loans - Version 12.1 to 12.2 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In the Payment Overview section for a loan, the Year-to-Date interest amount is overstated in certain scenarios.
Example, if the interest invoice is paid by multiple receipts, the amounts are doubled or quadrupled, and show an incorrect amount.
Steps to Reproduce:
Responsibility: Loan Agent
Navigation: Loans Dashboard
- Create a simple loan for 5,000 and 10% interest
- Bill the first installment of the loan. It creates an invoice for Principal and one for Interest (40.00).
- Go to Receivables, create a receipt and pay half of the principal invoice and half of the interest invoice.
- Create another receipt and pay the other half of each invoice. Both principal and interest invoices are now fully paid (40.00 in interest)
- Navigate back to the Overview tab for that Loan, and view the YTD interest, it shows as 162.00 as YTD interest, when only 40.00 has been paid.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.