Unlimited Waitlist Is Not Activated When Maximum Waitlisted Option Is Set To Null at Class Level
(Doc ID 2823496.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 29, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Learning Management - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Maximum Waitlist field behavior not working as expected after upgrade to RUP15
HRMS 12.2 RUP15 introduced a new feature ‘Define a Maximum Number of Learners for a Class Waitlist’, this included a new field called ‘Maximum Waitlisted’.
If the Maximum Waitlist field is left blank(null) and there’s a value in the Maximum Number of Attendees field, once this number is reached the class is no longer displayed on the learner home page.
This means learners are unable to enroll onto the class with a status of ‘Waitlisted’ as Waitlist is not activated
When Maximum Waitlist field is left blank at class level, unlimited places for waitlist should be activated after all available
places in class are occupied
Oracle® Learning Management
Part No. E59064-09
Defining the Maximum Number of Learners for a Class Waitlist
To control enrollments for a class and to define the maximum number of learners who
can be placed on the class waitlist, enter a value in the Maximum Waitlisted field.
You must define the maximum number of attendees before you can define the maximum
number of waitlisted learners for a class. You cannot use this field if a class is in the
Planned status. Learners cannot enroll in classes once the number of learners that are
waitlisted reaches the value defined in this field.
Specify any of the following values:
• Blank: If you leave the field blank, then OLM activates the waitlist with an
unlimited number of seats.
• Zero (0): If you enter zero, then the waitlist remains inactive. If the maximum
waitlist is zero or the waitlist is full, then learners can view that the class is full and
that they cannot join the waitlist or add themselves to waitlist.
• Value greater than zero: If you enter a value, which is greater than zero, then OLM
activates the waitlist with a specific number of seats.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. (N) Oracle Learning Management Administrator -> Go to Catalog -> Create a new class with below definition
Maximum Attendees 1
Maximum Waitlisted (null)
Class is Public
2. Login as learner A -> enroll in above class
3. Login as learner B -> found class as full -> cannot enroll as Learner A is already enroll but also no Waitlist is available
4. Login as Admin -> class is Full
Upgrade HRMS to 12.2 RUP15
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document