Getting an 'ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small in Package OKL_REVISION_SNAPSHOT_PVT Procedure GENERATE_SNAPSHOT" Error
(Doc ID 2832439.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 07, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When processing a modification that has a long Asset Description value, the Activation process does not complete and the following error occurs. This is related to the Revision Snapshot functionality.
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small in Package OKL_REVISION_SNAPSHOT_PVT Procedure GENERATE_SNAPSHOT
1. Ensure that "Enable Revision Snapshot" is enabled on the System Options > Operational Options > Authoring Options page.
2. On the Operations > Contracts tab, search for a contract having an Asset with a long description.
3. From the Actions drop down choose 'Revise'.
4. Populate the revision information and click the Go button.
5. Attempt to Activate the Re-booked contract.
6. It fails with the indicated error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document