R12: AP/IBY/CE: Fatal Error When Trying to Confirm or Terminate a Payment Instruction : User-Defined Exception occurred in ap_autoselect_pkg.cancel_batch
(Doc ID 2848819.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Payments - Version 12.0.0 and later
Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 and later
Oracle Cash Management - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.9 version, Funds Disbursement
When attempting to terminate or confirm a payment instruction the following errors occur.
with parameters (p_checkrun_id: 99999)
while performing the following operation:
The return status from IBY API Terminate PMT Request is:E
IBY_FD_USER_API_PUB.Pmt_Instr_Terminate_Allowed : Instruction Id::88888
IBY_DISBURSE_UI_API_PUB_PKG.terminate_pmt_instruction:Fatal: Exception occured while restoring the used check numbers.7777
The available number range on the payment document was changed after the document numbers were already allocated for the payment instruction.
Steps to Replicate:
- Go to Payments -> Entry -> Payment Manager -> Submit a Single Payment Process Request
- Fill in the parameters and submit
- Wait for the payment instruction to finish formatting
- Go to Setup -> Payments -> Bank Accounts
- Pull up the Bank Account used in step 1
- Click on Manage Payment Documents
- Pull up the Payment Document used in step 1
- Change the range of available documents to a range not used by the payment instruction
- Go to Payments -> Entry -> Payment Manager
- Query up the payment instruction
- Attempt to confirm or terminate the instruction
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document