Sales order tax invoice sequence picked for normal receipts
(Doc ID 2851504.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 23, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Financials for India - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Observed that if the trx id is same for PO receipts and sales order (ISO) transactions it is causing tax invoice number to be populated on PO receipts deriving from sales order document sequence defined.
Ideally, sales order sequence cannot be populated for normal inventory receipts.
This is equally observed if the trx_id of the RCM invoice matches with the sales order trx_id.
Steps for replication
Issue cannot be replicated at will as one cannot control the generation of trx id.
Explaining with below example.
1) Create a PO receipt. And apply GST taxes.
2) Create Sales Order. Apply GST taxes. Save.
3) Launch Pick Release and perform ship confirm.
4) If the PO receipt trx_id is same as the trx_id of the sales order shipment, then this is observed.
5) Concurrent "India - Check Delivery OM/INV Interface" triggered and completed successfully.
6) Query PO receipt created in step 1 and the shipment/delivery created in step 3.
7) Found tax_invoice_num and tax_invoice_date values are updated in both trx.
This can be identified via below query
select det_factor_id, trx_id, trx_number, entity_code, tax_invoice_num, tax_invoice_date
where application_id = 707
and det_factor_id in (:PO_receipt_det_factor_id)
or det_factor_id in (:Sales_order) ;
8) Open the receipt and navigate to tools - India tax details menu where we find that the
Supplier Invoice number and Supplier Invoice fields are populated.
These details are picked from the document sequence setup defined for order as Sales order.
Though the trx_id being same, it should not populate the supplier tax invoice number and date fields as the transaction and document sequence setups are different.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document