Incorrect Req Approval Hierarchy Generated when using the Change Managerial Approver Option
(Doc ID 2858892.1)
Last updated on MARCH 30, 2022
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
It appears an Incorrect Requisition Approval Hierarchy is generated when using the Change Managerial Approver option
Found that there is difference in approval hierarchy generated for the iproc Requisition created by the preparer having enough limit but wants to add an approver through change managerial approver option.
Issue is not related to approval, it is related to the approval hierarchy generated when the preparer tries to insert an approver through Manage Approvals --> Change Managerial Approver, hierarchy is not generated correctly.
When a new approver without enough approval limit is inserted through Change Managerial Approver then the hierarchy should be
New Approver --> Supervisor
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go To iprocurement responsibility
2. Create a requisition with amount within preparer's approval limit
3. Go to approvals page , as the preparer has enough limit, no approval requires
4. Click on Manage Approvals button and choose the option Change Managerial Approver
5. Insert a new approver who doesn't have enough limit
6. New approval hierarchy just shows the inserted approved but not his supervisor hierarchy
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document