Supplier Incorrectly Receiving Notification With Internal Information When Purchase Order Is Withdrawn During Approval Process
(Doc ID 2861820.1)
Last updated on APRIL 11, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After a Purchase Order is Withdrawn by the Buyer in the Buyer Work Center a notification is generated to the user that this PO has been withdrawn. The problem is this same email can be sent to the supplier user. That is problem because this email notification has internal information (approval history, etc) in the notification body that is intended for internal company users and it is not meant to be an external email outside the organization.
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create Purchase Order for iSupplier vendor with Supplier Contact
2) Enable Acceptance in Terms button
3) Submit Purchase Order for approval to approver(s)
4) Have Buyer login and go to Purchasing responsibility and then Buyer Work Center > Orders
5) Query the Purchase Order in the Orders tab
6) From the Actions drop down choose the Withdraw option and complete the Withdraw in the page
7) The FYI notification that the Purchase Order has been Withdrawn is generated and incorrectly sent to Supplier Contact
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document