Required DFF Segments Are Not Mandatory In Mobile Field Service
(Doc ID 2870515.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Mobile Field Service - Version 12.2.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.9 version, General / Server
Descriptive Flexfields(DFFs) with 'Required' field enabled have been configured at Task level and Debrief Header Level. After this set-up, as expected in EBS Service Request task updates (like task status, adding debrief or changing task assignment status) can be saved only after these segments are entered.
However in Mobile Field Service (MFS) these required segments are not recognized as Mandatory. Users are able to save changes in MFS with these required segments as blank.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Oracle E-business suite
2. Go to System Administrator responsibility -> Flexfields -> Define segments for 'Task additional information' and 'Additional Debrief Headers Info' DFFs with mandatory parameters and 'Required' Field
3. Compile and freeze the flexfields.
4. Go to Field Service Manager responsibility -> Create Service Request and a Task and Assign the task to a technician. Save.
5. Login to MFS as the technician and select the task.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document