Request Output File > View Output > The Output File Is Saved Without Extension and Opens Read-Only
(Doc ID 2875088.1)
Last updated on JUNE 10, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Report Manager - Version 12.0.0 and later
Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Request Output file for Financial Statement Generator (FSG) Reports in Excel are saving without extension (instead of Excel format .xlsx) and opening in Read-Only mode.
This reproduces also for Standard Reports and it happens Applications-wide (all modules).
The issue is the same for Internet Explorer or Edge browsers.
Expected the file to be an Excel file since the output is set to Excel when saving
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Report Manager / General Ledger Responsibility: Submit FSG report or Standard report in the Application (View > Requests > Submit a new Request)
2. View output > In the Browser > Enter File Name and Save As Type: Excel
3. Browser > Show all Downloads
4. See the report is saved without extension
5. Try to force-open with Excel
6. Observe the file is Read Only
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document