Recurring Journals: Journal Description Does Not Match the Batch Description, Showing: Created by recurring journal entry program
(Doc ID 2878792.1)
Last updated on JUNE 27, 2022
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Recurring Journals (GLXRJDEF)
Journal Entry Form (GLXJEENT)
Recurring Journals generated in the system always show the description as 'Created by recurring journal entry program' instead of the details entered in the Recurring Batch's definition.
The expectation would be to have a journal created with a meaningful description matching the batch's definition, as otherwise the users cannot distinguish properly the journals generated, they all look the same by description.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- General Ledger Responsibility > Journals > Generate > Recurring
- Create a new Recurring Batch > Enter a meaningful name and description
- Click on Generate > A concurrent program is triggered: GLPRJE: Recurring Journal Entry > Wait for its completion
- Under the same responsibility > Journals > Enter > Find > Query for the new Recurring Journal
- Observe its description has nothing to do with the details entered in Step2: Created by recurring journal entry program
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document