FSG Report Create Template Editor Got Error "Another Template with name ABC_TEMPLATE already exists for another language"
(Doc ID 2882111.1)
Last updated on JULY 13, 2022
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.2.4 and later
Oracle Report Manager - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to upload a revised FSG report template to overwrite an existing template, the following error occurs:
Unable to upload the template as another template with name ABC_TEMPLATE already exists for another language. Please use a different name and try again.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log to Report Manager SuperUser or similar responsibility with ability to modify templates.
- Use menu path Financial Report Template Editor to go to the Financial Statement Generator Templates screen.
- Enter the Report Name for the Report you wish to modify, then choose 'Modify Existing'.
- Hit the Create button to download the template to your desktop.
- Make desired changes.
- Then upload the newly revised template with Overwrite option enabled. The error will appear.
This can occur in instances which have never had a language other than American English installed.
This is normally encountered following an upgrade to 12.2.5 or higher version or where a reimplementation from a version below 12.2.5 includes porting the FSG templates to the higher version.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document