R12: AP: Specific User Is Unable to Assign Legal Entity As Owner of a New Bank Account; Bank Account Owner List of Values (LOV) Does Not Show the Expected Legal Entity
(Doc ID 2886646.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 24, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.2.6 and later
Oracle Cash Management - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User FAXXXAR is unable to assign Legal Entity as owner of a New Bank Account
Bank Account Owner List of Values (LOV) Does Not Show the expected Legal Entity
When user FAXXXAR tries to register the company legal entity as owner of a bank account, the company legal entity does not appear in the bank account owner LOV.
Steps to reproduce:
- Log into Applications using "Cash Management" responsibility.
- Open the Manage Bank Accounts > "Bank Accounts" OAF Page
(N) SetUp > Banks > Bank Accounts
- Click on [Create] button
- Enter: Country, Bank Name, and Bank Branch.
Country = Brazil
Bank Name = Banco IXXXXXU
Bank Branch = Banco IXXXXXU
And click [Continue]
- This take you to the "Create Bank Account: Account Owner and Use" OAF Page
- Open the List OF Values (LOV) for field "Bank Account Owner"
- Search By Legal Entity. For Example: Legal Entity = %ASSU% or Legal Entity = %
- The search returns "No Items found" or does not return the record expected.
In the images above and/or the attached documents, the user/company/bank/branch details; name/address/email/telephone number all represent a fictitious sample. Any similarity to actual companies, financial entities or actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental and is in no way intentional on the part of Oracle.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document