Cross Validation Rules Honor the Old Definition, Before a Change Has Been Done to the Elements
(Doc ID 2889624.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 18, 2022
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Oracle Application Object Library - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Cross Validation Rules
Form Name : FNDFFMCV
Cross Validation Rules were changed recently. On entering Manual Journals, the old rules are honored, the changes are not considered at all so the validation is incorrect.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. General Ledger Responsibility (or System Administrator Responsibility) > Setup > Financials > Flexfields > Key > Rules
2. Identify an existing Cross Validation rule that works fine but needs to be changed
3. Change the lines as needed in the form > Save
4. Setup > Financials > Flexfields > Key > Segments > Query for the Accounting Flexfield and hit Recompile button
5. General Ledger Responsibility > Journals > Enter
6. Create a journal using a code combination that should violate the Cross Validation rule and observe there is no error thrown
Changes were performed to the existing Cross Validation Rules in the system.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document