Using Java Web Start JWS and Journal Drilldown View Transaction Does Not Automatically Open the JNLP File
(Doc ID 2890101.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2022
Applies to:Oracle General Ledger - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Using Java Web Start (JWS), Edge browser and Oracle General Ledger. When attempting to view transactions while doing a journal line drill-down the frmservlet.jnlp file used to open the form but does not open automatically.
The system will prompt for the frmservlet.jnlp file to be allowed to be used (Keep). The desire is not to have to approve this but to have the file automatically open.
Setups for the browser have already been done as per note: How to open JNLP(Webstart) files automatically on Microsoft Edge browser (Doc ID 2864476.1)
1. Open Edge (Chromium) browser.
2. From the Oracle self service home page, Choose a General Ledger responsibility and navigate to Journals --> Enter.
This action triggers the download of the first frmservlet.jnlp file. Edge (Chromium) downloads and automatically runs the downloaded frmservlet.jnlp file without requiring any user interaction.
3. Query a specific journal that you are needing to review the details by drilling down to the sub-application level.
4. Click the Review Journal button.
5. Click on the first journal line item to select the row.
6. Click on Line Drill-down button. This opens a new browser tab, showing the View Journal Entry Lines page.
7. Click on the View Transaction button to navigate back to the already running Forms application.
This action triggers the download of a second frmservlet.jnlp file. This time, Edge (Chromium) downloads it does not accept it.
Instead, the Downloads panel shows the message 'frmservlet.jnlp was blocked because this type of file can harm your device." and requires user interaction to Keep, and execute it.
The following prompt is what is seen in the browser:
This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep frmservlet(#).jnlp anyway? [Keep] [Discard]
Once the user confirms it can be used (Keep), the form will launch without issue.
Attempting to use this browser for the first time.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document