12.2.12: Support Intransit for ISO return and Cancel Shipment for ISO/IOT
(Doc ID 2905506.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 18, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.2.12 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Prior to the introduction of this enhancement there was no formal process to return material previously received against an internal sales order (ISO).
The new feature uses the return to vendor functionality to create an internal return shipment that returns material to the organization that originally shipped it.
There are several important features:
• Creation of the return order automatically creates an RMA order in the organization that originally shipped the ISO.
• A shipping exception is created for each line in the return order. The shipping exception prevents the shipment of the return until the internal RMA has been approved.
• The RMA workflow is used to approve the internal RMA. Once the internal RMA is approved, the return can be ship confirmed.
• The internal RMA shipment number is used to receive the returned material.
Also, the following pre-requisities should be taken into consideration:
A. Function: RCV_RCVSHESH, Parameters > ALLOW_CANCEL=Y
B. Data Setup:
1) Organizations should be eligible for interorg return transactions
a. Between two internal discrete organizations only
b. No external party ; no drop-ship ; no global procurement
c. Asset items only
d. Costing enabled items only
e. Asset sub inventory only
f. Perpetual Costing methods only (Standard, Average, FIFO)
g. PAC is NOT supported
h. No PJM support
i. No Cost Collector support
j. No Expense Destination
k. No Encumbrance
2) Item should be returnable
The purpose of the internal testing is to check the new 12.2.12 enhancement where returns get processed as Intransit Shipments.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document