The Total Distribution Quantity Does Not Match The Shipment Quantity
(Doc ID 2915941.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 15, 2022
Applies to:Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 12.2.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to create a change request, the following error occurs.
"The total distribution quantity 9.0 does not match the shipment quantity 10.0."
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into Oracle Purchasing and navigate to the Demand Workbench and search for a particular purchase order (PO). The PO has three PO shipment lines with seven distribution lines -- 3 for line 1, 2 for line 2, and 2 for line 3. Each distribution line displays a fractional partial quantity amount (e.g., 2.5, etc.). These fractional quantities total 10 for each PO line.
2. Log into iSupplier as a supplier user.
3. Under Orders at a Glance, open the PO and expand the PO line details to see the distributions. Note that the distribution quantities are fractional (e.g., 2.5, etc.).
4. Initiate a change request to change the promised date on each of the three PO shipment lines and submit it for approval.
5 Return to Oracle Purchasing and navigate to the Demand Workbench and search for the PO.
6. Under the PO Details section, expand each line to see the distribution details for each line. For each distribution line on line 1, the ordered amount has changed from the original fractional value to whole values -- 2.25 to 2, 1.25 to 1, and 6.75 to 6 resulting in a total quantity of 9 versus 10.
7. Click on the OK button to exit the distribution page. The application displays the following error message:
"The total distribution quantity 9.0 does not match the shipment quantity
8. Exit the Purchasing responsibility, return back to it, and search for the same PO.
9. Click on the Accept All button to accept the change request and submit it. A confirmation page is displayed with an option to Return to - Orders Search Page.
10. Click on the Return to - Orders Search Page link. Note now that all distribution lines have changed as well. Instead of a total quantity of 10 for each shipment line, the lines have changed to 9,9, and 9.5 respectively. The distribution quantities have changed as well to reflect the total quantity values
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document