Time Accounting Entry/Validation/Approval Form is Incorrectly Triggering Error "The amount of hours entered does not match the Total Hours Value"
(Doc ID 2918986.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Time and Labor - Version 12.2.9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In OTL Time Accounting > Time Accounting > Entry/Validation/Approval window, when a user tries to update only the Hours Type, he gets an error message (see below)
This should not occur as the Total number of hours is not changing, only the Hours Type.
"The amount of hours entered does not match the Total Hours Value"
Steps to Replicate:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create timecard using Timekeeper Responsibility or Self-Service Time Responsibility
2. Run Transfer Time from OTL to BEE
3. Using your OTL Administrator or equivalent responsibility, Navigate > OTL Time Accounting > Time Accounting > Entry/Validation/Approval
4. Query for timecard created in Step 1
5. Change the Hours Type e.g. Vacation Hours to Sick Hours without changing the Hours Amount
6. Click on Save
7. IT errors with "The amount of Hours entered does not match the total Hours value”
Upgraded from 12.1.3 to 12.2.9
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document