Miscellaneous Receipts Created In Cash Management With Null Exchange Rate Fail Create Accounting With Error "A conversion rate is required for the conversion rate type User. Please use a conversion rate for line 1"
(Doc ID 2919737.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 12.2.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a Miscellaneous Receipt through Cash Management, the receipt can be created and saved with null exchange rate.
Then, when running Create Accounting, the following error occurs for miscellaneous receipt:
To recreate, using Cash Management Responsibility,
Navigate to Bank Statement > Bank Statement and Reconciliation
1. Find Bank Statements > NEW
2. Query the bank account (EUR)
3. Enter date
4. Enter lines
5. Enter payment, activity bank fees
6. On bank tab, enter date and Exchange Type defaults to 'Corporate', error is returned that rate is not populated yet.
7. Change to Exchange Type from 'Corporate' to 'User'
8. Click any of the following buttons and the system allows to continue to create receipt without rate.
'x' in the top right of the form to exit, which then prompts 'do you want to save your changes', then click ' Yes'.
9. Navigate to Receipts/Receipts, query the new Miscellaneous Receipt and observe it is created with Exchange Type = 'User' but with no rate.
10. Run Create Accounting, receipt fails with error that conversion rate is required.
NOTE: This does not occur for Miscellaneous Receipts created through the Receivables Workbench.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document