In Assignment Form, When Trying To Update Assignment Information, Error "APP-PAY-06844: This operation invalidates Personal Payment Methods for the Assignment" Is Thrown
(Doc ID 2934657.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.2 HRMS RUP14 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to update assignment details and save, following error appears
"APP-PAY-06844: This operation invalidates Personal Payment
Methods for the Assignment
Cause: The operation resulted in an attempt to
transfer a payroll (i.e. to change the Payroll at some
point on the Assignment). This is only allowed as long as
any Personal Payment Methods for the Assignment remain valid
for the new Payroll. In this case one or more Personal
Payment Methods does not have a Payment Method that is valid
for the new Payroll.
Action: Ensure that all Personal Payment Methods for
the Assignment have Payment Methods that are valid for the
new Payroll before attempting to transfer the Payroll."
1. Login using "HRMS Manager" Responsibility.
2. Navigate to People --> Enter and Maintain.
3. Query for an Employee, whose assignment details needs to be changed / modified / updated.
4. In the launched form, click on the "Assignment" button.
5. Now in the launched form, update any of the assignment details and when trying to save the same, got the above error message.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document