Error "You must enter a value for column &COL_NAME" on Order Line Workflow When Remarketing an Asset that Was on a Loan
(Doc ID 2942922.1)
Last updated on APRIL 19, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Lease and Finance Management - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Asset Management
When remarketing an asset that was on a loan contract, the Order Line Workflow errors on the Dispose Asset activity with the following:
An Error occurred in the following Workflow.
Item Type = OEOL
Item Key = 4820331
User Key =Sales Order 1215, Line 1.1..
Error Name = 1
Error Message = User-Defined Exception
Error Stack =
OKL_AM_OM_REMARKET_WF.dispose_asset(OEOL, 4820331, 172376, RUN)
Wf_Engine_Util.Function_Call(OKL_AM_OM_REMARKET_WF.DISPOSE_ASSET, OEOL, 4820331, 172376, RUN)
Activity Id = 172376
Activity Label = R_OKL_STANDARD_LINE:DISPOSE_ASSET
Result Code = #EXCEPTION
Notification Id =
Assigned User =
Return Status = E
Error Message = You must enter a value for column &COL_NAME .Program Error: An unexpected error was encountered.
Error code - &ERROR_CODE
Error message - User-Defined Exception
Action: Contact your system administrator. (SQLcode=1) (SQLerrm=User-Defined Exception).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using lease super user responsibility, author a loan contract and book it.
2. Bill and accrue the contract.
3. Create a termination quote to terminate the asset and the contract.
4. Set the Asset Return Status for the above asset to Available for Sale.
That will create the new Item and put the new Item on a Price List so that it can be ordered on a Sales Order.
5. Using order management super user responsibility, create a new sales order and put the new Item on that sales order and process it.
6. The Order Line Workflow will error on the Dispose Asset activity.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document