After Completing Cycle Count From Mobile Using Save/Next Button Serial Number Unusable As Marked With Group_Mark_Id = 2 Instead Of NULL or -1
(Doc ID 2944219.1)
Last updated on APRIL 21, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.2.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Serial Numbers are stuck after cycle count process from Mobile when using Save/Next button and have group_mark_id = 2 in MTL_SERIAL_NUMBERS even after the cycle count is completed.
Workaround to release the completed serials is to use the Standard datafix for unmarking unused serials from <Note 1472005.1> : Inventory Standard Datafix Instruction #4: Fixing Marked Serial Numbers (MSN), Orphan Pending Serials (MSNT), and Orphan Status 6 Serials (MSN) [Video]
What is working
The issue does not happen when counting single serial and using the "Done" button.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Mobile > Inventory > Counting > Cycle Count > Enter the Cycle count header, item, serial, quantity.
2. Complete the count and click Save/Next.
3. Continue to enter all the serials
4. See message "All scheduled entries have been counted. Press any key to continue"
5. There is no 'Done' button available at this point.
6. Clicking any key takes you back to enter another count.
7. Skip and go back to main menu or return to main menu.
8. From Application > Go to Inventory > Onhand > Onhand Quantity > Query for the Serial number >See Serials are not available, though there are no pending transactions against them.
9. From back-end table mtl_serial_numbers, see group mark id is populated
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document