BI Publisher: Data Type Of Data Model Element Changes From Integer To String After Reopening Definition
(Doc ID 2948937.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2023
Applies to:BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 5.5.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a data model with simple conditional IF query and setting the result data type to integer, the data type changes to string when reopening the definition.
1. Create a simple Data Set.
2. Add Elements by Expression - Create a simple expression based on function and returning String value:
Eg: If (COUNTRY_ID==AR,1,0);
3. Validate Expression and Click OK, SAVE.
4. Open it again - Data Type remains as per the initial config: String.
5. Modify the existing expression to return an Integer value:
Eg: if (COUNTRY_ID==AR,1,0);
6. Validate Expression AND Click OK, SAVE.
7. Open it again - Data Type remains as per the initial config: String and it should be Integer as per the latest config.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document