OAS: Embedded BI Publisher Report Is Not Working Due to the Error: "Refused to display <DOMAIN_URL> in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'sameorigin'"
(Doc ID 2948966.1)
Last updated on MAY 20, 2023
Applies to:BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 5.5.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) Setup Safe domain within OAS to refer their domains:
Ref: Register the Embedding Environment as a Safe Domain
2) Setup X_FRAME_OPTIONS & FRAME_ANCESTORS to false in MW_HOME/user_projects/domains/bi/config/fmwconfig/biconfig/bipublisher/Admin/Configuration/xmlp-server-config.xml
Ref: Administering Oracle Analytics Publisher in Oracle Analytics Server > Restrict Embedding of Publisher in iframes
3) Create a BIP report based on SQL query datasets which it is being embedded in IFrame. The URL being embedded is bi_server1_host:port/xmlpserver URL of the report.
- The iframe and BI Publisher are in different Domains.
- The customer is upgrading all their instances from 12c to OAS 6.4.
- As per the customer this was working in OBIEE 12c but it is not working in OAS 6.4.
4) The embedded report is not accessible from Iframe but can be accessed directly. With all these steps, they are getting the error message as:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document