Error 'ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small' Received When Submitting A Material Return Debrief Line
(Doc ID 2949675.1)
Last updated on MAY 22, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Field Service - Version 12.2.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When submitting a material return debrief line with a serial number with more than 25 characters, the following error occurs:
ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in with Field Service Manager responsibility.
2. Navigate to Service Requests/Create Service Requests.
3. Create a new service request and task.
4. In Tasks tab click Debrief Button.
5. Enter a material return debrief line with a serial number with more than 25 characters.
6. Submit the debrief.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document