Sales Order Lines Are Visible In Demand Planning Even Though They Are In ENTERED Status
(Doc ID 2954671.1)
Last updated on JUNE 11, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.2.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Sales order lines are visible in Demand Planning even though they are in ENTERED status. Sales order lines need to be visible only after they are booked and in AWAITING_SHIPPING status.
Currently that is not happening, even if the sales order line is entered and saves the flow status code is ENTERED and visible in Demand Planning.
Need help to identify the root cause and making visible_demand_flag on the sales order line to be 'Y' only when the sales order is booked.
Workaround: Leave the order line in ENTERED status and DO NOT populate schedule_ship_date and Ship Set.
Expect the visible demand flag to be Null until the order is booked. Out of the box oracle extract program looks for this
flag and extracts sales orders and push it to Oracle Demand Planning. Orders that are in ENTERED status should
not be visible in Oracle Demand Planning. Expectation is Oracle workflow to control scheduling and populate this field to Y upon booking.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into Order Management as Order Management Super User
2. Navigate: Orders, Returns -> Sales Orders
3. Create New Sales Order
4. Go to Line Level to enter line(s)
5. Added a new line using the same item and dates, Visible Demand Planning Y
5. For line 2.1 both status and visible demand fields are blank before hitting the SAVE
6. As soon as it is SAVED both status and Visible demand fields are populated
6. As seen line is in still ENTERED status. Visible demand field is set to Y. This is the issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document