Federal Budget Authority Document Is Able To Be Deleted After Line Has Been Accounted And Transferred To General Ledger
(Doc ID 2959765.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2023
Applies to:Oracle U.S. Federal Financials - Version 12.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FV (Federal Financials) Budget Authority Document is able to be Deleted after Line has been Accounted and Transferred to GL (General Ledger).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Navigation Path: Federal Administrator Responsibility > Budget Entry > Budget Authority
1. Open previous GL period if not already open (Example: MARCH-2023)
2. Enter a new budget authority document with a transaction date and GL date in the previous period
3. Do not approve the document at this time.
4. Close the previous period (i.e., MARCH-2023)
5. Re-query the Budget Authority document.
6. Enter a second transaction line with a GL date in the current period (i.e., APRIL-2023)
7. Approve the document. (This should result in the document status: 'Requires Reapproval')
8. Transfer Journal Entries to GL (through 30-APR-2023)
9. Confirm that Transfer of the Journal Entries to GL for Budget Execution transactions in the current month, and that a Journal Entry is created for the current period (APRIL-2023)but not for the previous period (MARCH-2023).
10. Re-query the Budget Authority document
11. Attempt to delete the Budget Authority document
– Applications should NOT allow this action, but it does -> This is the issue.
The current period (APRIL-2023) Budget Execution transaction is Final Accounted and Posted to GL, with the source FV Document now deleted from the system, so that there is no supporting financial document for the GL Journal Entry.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document