Contingent Worker Appears In Position Hierarchy But Cannot Approve
Last updated on JUNE 28, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 11.5.10 to 12.0.4 [Release 11.5 to 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 26-Nov-2012
Unable to utilize contingent workers in position hierarchies.
A contingent worker has been setup and has been assigned a position, and the position is in the position hierarchy. Document approval routings do not route to this contingent worker.
The sequence of events:
1. Assign a contingent worker a position
2. Place the position into a position hierarchy
3. Run the Fill Employee Hierarchy report
4. Approve and route documents to the position held by the contingent worker
5. Documents do not route to this contingent worker
Where it happened:
In the PO approval workflow and underlying code. Employees in the company do receive routed documents for approval, contingent workers do not.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms