Update_organization API Does Not Inactivate Enddated Customer Category
(Doc ID 311906.1)
Last updated on MARCH 15, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Marketing - Version 11.5.9 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 11.5]
Oracle Sales Online - Version 11.5.9 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 11.5.9 to 11.5.10]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
End dated Customer Category does not get its status updated to Inactive.
The customer category is in the below navigation
Oracle Marketing Online >
Audience tab > Organization subtab >
go to Classifications side cue card link >
here the newly added Category is found with status Active -- this is Correct;
But if a Category is updated with an End Date,
it still appears with status Active.
Same behavior observed in Oracle Sales Online module.
Oracle Sales Online >
Customers tab > Organization subtab >
Classifications side link
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run concurrent program to launch API to update an organization's details
2. For this particular situation,
the TCA API HZ_PARTY_V2PUB.update_organization API
was being used to update customer category (p_organization_rec.party_rec.category_code)
and other attributes on the party record
3. The program completes successfully with no errors returned from the API
4. then launch Oracle Marketing Online Module
5. goto Audience tab > Organization subtab
6. open the same organization which was updated right now (using API)
7. goto Classifications side cue card
8. the End Dated category row appears with status as Active
Also the same is observed even if the category is changed manually in the Oracle Marketing Online
9. goto Oracle Marketing Online
10. goto Audience tab > Organization subtab
11. select an Organization record > General link
12. in the Company information section, Customer Category field is displayed
13. there might be some value already entered here
14. modify this to some other value
15. save the changes by clicking on Update
16. now goto Classifications side cue card
17. the newly added Category appears with status Active -- this is Correct
18. but the updated one i.e., the earlier category which is now end dated,
still appears with status Active
The API mentioned above to update organization details is used mostly to change customer category or other party attributes from one value to another.
It is expected that the system updates the customer category from one value to another.
When viewing in AR, the updated customer category can be seen, which is correct.
When viewed in Marketing Online in the classifications area,
the customer appears to have two active categories (but one is actually an end dated entry).
The end dated record (i.e. in the past) should be set to inactive status by the API.
It is confusing for the users (they might wonder which is really the active record or has someone put the end date in the wrong place, etc.)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document