Last updated on SEPTEMBER 30, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Workflow - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 11.5.10]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Workflow Java Notification Mailer
***Checked for relevance on 25-Jun-2013***
Notification Mailer is not able to process all responses.
Majority valid of responses are being sent to DISCARD.
If e-mail client tool generates the response in Plain Text the response is processed successfully.
If e-mail client tool generates the response in HTML the response is valid and still moved to DISCARD folder. In this case responder receives a response back indicating ... "Warning for Unsolicited Email".
Problem happened right after upgrading to 11.5.10 (CU2) from 11.5.9.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Send Test Notification from Workflow Mailer.
2. Open Notification in MS Outlook.
3. Click on "Acknowledge" from the notification email.
4. Send the resulting response email.
5. Get error email with subject "Warning For Unsolicited Mail".
6. Verified in the IMAP mailbox that the response email went into the DISCARD
folder instead of getting PROCESSED.
MS Outlook is the email client
MS Outlook is set to respond usig HTML editor
This could happen using other e-mail client tools that respond in HTML format.
Upgrade the instance
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms