Last updated on JULY 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 11.5.8 to 12.2.5 [Release 11.5.8 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
**** Edited on 12/08/15 *****
When user attempts to run the Reserve Orders concurrent request for an order line which was previously partially reserved, the remaining quantity is not reserved.
Expect the entire quantity to be reserved.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Order Management Super User
2. Nav->Orders,Returns->Sales Orders
3. Enter and book a new sales order for multiple quantities of a certain item. For example, book an order for a quantity of 13.
4. Nav->Reports,Requests, select request Reserve Orders
Reservation Mode = "partial reservation (Include Pa"
5. Reserve orders request runs but only partially reserves a line because the total quantity is not available. For example, only a quantity of 4 was reserved.
6. Pick release the quantity that was reserved.
7. Receive additional quantity in inventory, such that now the entire amount can be reserved.
8. Run the reserve orders request again for the remaining quantity, using the same reservation mode "partial reservation (Include Pa"
9. Nothing is reserved.
10. View Reserve Orders concurrent request log, and see the following error: Require Reservation returned with error for Line id xxxxxx, where xxxxx is the line id of the line that was previously partially reserved.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users must manually update orders to reserve the remaining quantity before pick releasing. This wastes time and is error-prone.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms