Transactions Workbench Error: Manually Entered Tax Amount Raises Error: FRM-40654 Record has been updated by another user
(Doc ID 352456.1)
Last updated on MAY 08, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Receivables - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FORM:ARXTWMAI.FMB - Transactions
Manually entered Tax amounts cannot be changed in the Transaction Entry screen. When you attempt to change, the following error is raised:
FRM-40654 Record has been updated by another user. Re-query block to see
Steps to reproduce:
- Transaction type must have Calculate Tax unflagged as the customer wants to enter all tax information manually and it should not be calculated through the tax engine.
- Any tax code needs to be defined with adhoc flag = Yes
In this note's testcase, used tax code VAT
- Enter invoice with this transaction type and fill in all header information
- Click Line button
Choose any description enter Quantity 1 and
Leave TAX Code Field blank -- it should not be mandatory
- Click Tax Button
- Enter any tax rate from the LOV
- Enter any amount , for instance 30 as tax amount --> tax rate defaults
- Pay Attention here:
proceed with Changing the tax amount from 30 to 50, then the form raises:
Message: FRM-40654 Record has been updated by another user. Re-query block to see
- Re-query the tax line
- This time you are able to change the tax amount and save.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!