Last updated on JUNE 09, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 11.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When performing a bulk load via Excel for a specified item catalog category for which an custom item and/or item description generation function has been defined, neither the item name or item description is being generated per the function definition.
The generation function works fine when creating items via the forms. The expectation is that the function will work when bulk loading as well.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Execute an advanced search within the context of an item catalog category containing a description generation function
- Export the search results to Excel
- Make data changes to one or more attributes that are used by the description generation function to generate the description
- Perform the Upload from Excel
- Query the item again...the description remains the same
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms