Pre-Payments Process Combines Multiple Assignments For One Employee Onto One SOE
Last updated on JANUARY 13, 2017
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 126.96.36.199 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
*** Checked for relevance on 25-APR-2013***
An employee has 2 assignments with different pay rates in different departments. During the payroll run, each assignment is processed and a separate SOE is produced for each assignment. During the pre-payment process, one SOE is produced with a combined Time Entry Wages and Overtime totals. The Net Pay for the separate payroll SOEs are also combined on the pre-payment SOE.
Expect that there should be two pre-payment processes for employees with multiple assignments as well as two SOEs, one for each assignment.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an employee that has 2 assignments - working in 2 different Organizations and getting
paid 2 different rates.
2. Create payroll entries for both of the Assignments.
3. Create an Assignment set that includes both Assignments.
4. Run the Payroll Process for the employee with the 2 assignments using the Assignment set
created and the pay period for payroll entries created in the BEE.
5. Review the two SOEs for the employee.
6. Run the Pre-Payments process for the payroll run.
7. Review the Assignment Process window which only shows the Primary assignment results
8. Review the SOE for that 1 Pre-Payment combines element values for any element that is present
in both assignments during the same payroll run.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms