Duplicate Item Creation Possible Through Excel Import or Create Item Functionality, May Cause ORA-01422: exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows.
Last updated on JANUARY 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
It is possible to create two or more items with the same item name. Two such scenarios exist:
- Scenario One - Excel Import
- Export an existing item into Excel.
- Copy the whole item line into a new line in Excel changing the Transaction Type from Update to Create.
- Change the Item's name to something unique.
- Initiate the process to import the item from Excel. If you initiate the import multiple times before the others are complete using the same import data, it is possible for the same item to get created multiple times, once for each import process.
- Scenario Two - Create Items
- Use the Create Production Items or Create Engineering Items menu option to create a new item. Have 2 or more users perform the same actions to create the same item name and Submit at the same instant. The same item may be created once for each user.
Once the duplicate items are created, attempts to use the item may result in an error similar to the following:
APP-FND-01564: ORACLE error 1422 in FDFGCD
CAUSE: FDFGCD failed due to ORA-01422:
exact fetch returns more than requested number of rows.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms