Advisory Account Fails Reservation on Change Request and Cannot be Submitted
(Doc ID 387359.1)
Last updated on APRIL 23, 2019
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 11.5.10 to 12.0.6 [Release 11.5 to 12]
Oracle Purchasing - Version 11.5.10 to 12.0.6 [Release 11.5 to 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
iProcurement - Version: 11.5.10 to 220.127.116.11
When attempting to change a requisition tied to a Purchase Order, the following error occurs when submitting the change. Since advisory funds checking is in place, this requisition should pass. This occurs when the profile option POR: Enable Check Funds is set to "Display Error on Failure".
Line 1, Distribution 1 does not have sufficient funds.
Line #1 Shipment #1 Distribution #1 This transaction fails funds check; advisory checking is in force
STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE PROBLEM:
1. Set Profile POR: Enable Check Funds to 'Display Error on Failure'
2. Create requisition in iProcurement for account that has advisory level funds checking and for which no funds are available.
3. Submit requisition. Warning will be generated that no funds are available but you will have opportunity to submit requisition anyway. This is per new functionality in 11.5.10 whereby the advisory level funds checking overrides profile
POR: Enable Check Funds = Display Error on Failure
4. Autocreate the requisition to a purchase order and approve.
5. In iProcurement, attempt to increase the quantity of the requisition line.
6. Upon submission, you will receive error message and be unable to submit.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document