Last updated on DECEMBER 02, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Applications Technology Stack - Version 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 11.5 to 11.5.10]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- There have been some mis-understanding around the default deployment of the SOAP server that was shipped with EBS in 11i. A security alert was raised back in 2001. (<Document 166869.1>) That specific Alert is not applicable to EBS and the version of SOAP that comes with EBS.
- The remainder of this document is for "aesthetics" only. To simply allow for the exchange of one informational message from the server and replace it with a "404 Not found" message.
In general SOAP is NOT used by default in 11.5.10 and below for EBS and it is safe to disable.
- iAS 22.214.171.124.2 (Apache 1.3.19) comes by default with the SOAP Server enabled.
- SOAP is a manual implementation in 11.5.10.x for any product that is wanting to take advantage of the SOAP protocol.
- Products taking advantage of SOAP will go ahead and provide steps explicitly on what needs to be configured in order to work with SOAP.
If SOAP has already been disabled the page should come back with -
HTTP 404 - "Page note found"However if the page returns.
SOAP ServerThen follow the steps below to disable the SOAP server.
Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you have to use HTTP POST to talk to me.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms