Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 5.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
On 5.0 in Production: When attempting to delete an empty vessel shipment (i.e., a vessel shipment
without any orders on it) the following error occurs:
None of the given shipments can be deleted.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Charter Voyage with two stowage modes and create a consol shipment for each stowage mode
2. Create an Order release with an assigned itinerary that is multi-leg reflecting a sea move
(i.e, having a pre-transport leg, a vessel leg that is marked as Primary and a delivery leg)
3. Then select the Order Release and select the action, Create Buy Shipment - Create Buy Shipment
on Primary leg. This creates three Order Movements(OM).
4. Then select the OM related to the Vessel leg, and then select the action, Move to Consol
Shipment created for one of the stowage modes.
5. Then attempt to delete the shipment created for the other stowage mode, the error appears
-- Business Impact:
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot delete empty vessel shipments causing empty shipments to be left
in the system which results in confusion to the users
Verified the issue referencing data collected records as noted below.
Set up a Test case as below and verified the issue on an internal instance
1. Created a charter voyage - 5580558-992 with two stowage modes (STO-RO and RO-
2.Created a consol for the stowage mode RO-RO and STO-RO which created
shipments 02123 and 02124 respectively.
3. Created an order release 5580558-992 which is built onto a buy Shipment using Create Buy
Shipment - Build Buy Shipment on Primary Leg. It creates three OM legs.
4.Select the Vessel Leg and then select the action, Move to Consol Shipment and then select the
Consol shipment created for the stowage mode STO-RO. (Shipment ID - 02124).
5. Now if we try to delete the shipment 02123 which is empty, then we get the
error, none of the selected shipments can be deleted. The log file shows that
the system is searching for related shipments.
Verified the issue as noted below:
Set up a test case to verify the issue on an internal instance and was able to verify the issue
using the steps above
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms